Dr Diesel Tuning Pty Ltd and its subsidiaries (“Dr Diesel Tuning”) recognise that your personal information is important to you and that you are concerned with its collection, use and disclosure. Dr Diesel Tuning, like other companies operating in Australia, is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) which set clear standards regarding these activities.
This policy contains information about:
- when you can deal with Dr Diesel Tuning anonymously;
- the purposes for which Dr Diesel Tuning collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information;
- the types of personal information that Dr Diesel Tuning collects;
- how Dr Diesel Tuning collects and holds personal information;
- how you may access the personal information that Dr Diesel Tuning holds about you, and how you may seek correction of that personal information; and
- how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles by Dr Diesel Tuning and how Dr Diesel Tuning will deal with such a complaint.
When can you deal with Dr Diesel Tuning anonymously?
Generally, you can deal with Dr Diesel Tuning anonymously (i.e. without identifying yourself). In certain circumstances however, Dr Diesel Tuning will ask you to provide personal information because it is required by law or Dr Diesel Tuning’s policies to do so, or because it would be impracticable to deal with you anonymously. These circumstances include where you order goods online including when you pick up such goods from our premises.
Why does Dr Diesel Tuning collect, hold, and use personal information?
Dr Diesel Tuning collects, holds, uses and discloses personal information for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include:
- providing you with products and/or services you have ordered/purchased;
- dealing with requests, enquiries, complaints, consumer guarantee or warranty claims, and other customer care related activities;
- marketing our products and services and providing advice on our products;
- developing and improving our products and services;
- the operation and administration of accounts or subscriptions that you have with us;
- payment processing;
- processing a refund or exchange of a product;
- interacting with companies or organisations with whom Dr Diesel Tuning has a business relationship (where you work for, or otherwise represent, such an organisation);
- reconciling payments due to Dr Diesel Tuning from suppliers in relation to goods or services provided to you by those suppliers;
- carrying out any activity in connection with a legal, governmental or regulatory requirement that we have to comply with, or in connection with legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention, detection or prosecution. In particular, Dr Diesel Tuning is required by law to collect personal information in certain circumstances, including:
We may also use and disclose your personal information for other purposes related to those described above which would be reasonably expected by you.
Documents (including hard copy documents and electronic documents such as emails) which coincidentally contain personal information will also be retained in accordance with Dr Diesel Tuning’s normal document retention practices for accounting, legal and business purposes.
Generally, you have no obligation to provide any personal information requested by us. However, if you choose not to do so where we require this information, we may not be able to provide you with the goods and services that you want or deal with a request, enquiry or complaint that you have.
What personal information does Dr Diesel Tuning collect?
The kinds of personal information we collect or which we may hold about you may include:
- your name;
- your address;
- your telephone number(s);
- your e-mail address;
- payment information;
- transaction information;
- your user name and password;
- information on how you use our products and services;
- your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, server address, domain name and information on your browsing activity when visiting one of our websites;
- your user name for social networking sites that you use, to refer to, or in conjunction with, our goods and services and personal preferences regarding products and services; and CCTV images of you whilst you are in one of our stores.
How does Dr Diesel Tuning collect and hold your personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways including:
- when you order goods or services from us (either online, in-person or over the telephone);
- when you collect goods that you have ordered from us.
- when you set up an account with us;
- when you pay for goods by cheque;
- when you request for a refund or exchange of a product;
- when you provide us your details for customer care purposes;
- when you submit an enquiry using our website;
- when you publicly comment about us on social media sites (for example so that we can answer questions about our products); and through the closed circuit video cameras located in our stores, when you visit one of our stores.
Generally, Dr Diesel Tuning will collect your personal information directly from you. However, Dr Diesel Tuning also holds information, collected incidentally, concerning individuals who work for companies or organisations that have a business relationship with Dr Diesel Tuning. Additionally, if you apply for a job with Dr Diesel Tuning, we may collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
We may use your personal information that we have collected to promote and market products and services to you, including through methods such as email and SMS. We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes where you have opted out of receiving such communications.
Please note that when you create an account with us your details will be added to our marketing database to receive information relating to Dr Diesel Tuning and our products. You may also choose to receive such information by subscribing to our marketing database via our websites.
How to unsubscribe
To opt-out of receiving Dr Diesel Tuning marketing materials, you will need to unsubscribe from our marketing database.
- Emails: Select the ‘unsubscribe’ option in one of the emails that you’ve received from us to unsubscribe from email marketing, this option can usually be found at the top right or bottom of the email. Please note that if you have an account with Dr Diesel Tuning, we may still need to send you essential information about your account.
- SMS: When we send you marketing communications by SMS you will be able to opt-out from SMS marketing by texting STOP to the number in the SMS we sent you.
Alternatively, you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications by submitting a privacy enquiry via email.
Sharing your personal information
Dr Diesel Tuning may disclose or receive personal information or documents about you, including to/from:
- organisations that provide services to us in connection with our business, including customer support, payment processing, administration, archival, data storage, hosting, research, marketing, debt collection.
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention, investigation and prosecution of criminal activities;
- parties involved in any third party acquisition or potential acquisition of an interest in Dr Diesel Tuning or its assets;
- our insurers and insurance brokers;
- if goods you purchase from Dr Diesel Tuning are subject to a product recall, the manufacturer or distributor of those goods; and
- to other third parties where you have specifically consented to the disclosure of information to these third parties.
Additionally, if you return goods to us on which personal information is stored for repair (for example, on a mobile phone or computer) and do not delete that personal information, Dr Diesel Tuning will send the goods to the repairer. By returning such goods to Dr Diesel Tuning for repair, you consent to Dr Diesel Tuning disclosing any personal information contained on the goods to the repairer, by way of Dr Diesel Tuning sending the goods to the repairer.
How we deal with your personal information if you apply for a job with us
If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information that we hold is stored in a secure environment protected from misuse, interference and loss and any unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How to access, correct and update your personal information
Upon your request, Dr Diesel Tuning will provide access to your personal information that we hold (except in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)). Dr Diesel Tuning reserves the right to charge you an administration fee of $25 for providing access to your personal information and will, of course, require some proof of your identity before providing information to you.
You may also request us to correct the personal information that Dr Diesel Tuning holds about you. If you do so and we are satisfied that, having regard to a purpose for which the information is held, the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, Dr Diesel Tuning will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to correct your personal information to ensure that, having regarding to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading.
To request access to the personal information that Dr Diesel Tuning holds about you, or to update or correct that personal information, please submit a privacy enquiry via email
- if you are a subscriber to our marketing database you can also update your details via the “unsubscribe” option in one of the emails that you receive from us;
- if you subscribe to one of our services you can also update your details via that service.
How to make a complaint
If you are concerned that the way Dr Diesel Tuning collects, holds, uses or discloses your personal information may be in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please send the details of your complaint to The Privacy Officer by submitting a privacy enquiry via email.
How Dr Diesel Tuning will handle complaints
After receiving a complaint, we will consider whether we need any further information from you to properly consider and investigate the complaint, and may request such information from you. We will then:
- conduct internal discussions in the collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information which is the subject of your complaint, and evaluate whether we believe that such collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information was in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles; and
- notify you of the results of our investigation of your complaint.
If the conclusion of our investigation is that our collection, holding, use or disclosure of your personal information was in breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, we will take steps to remedy the breach as soon as reasonably practicable.
We will endeavour to notify you of the results of our investigation of your complaint within 30 days of receiving your complaint. However, if your complaint involves complex matters or requires extensive investigation and consultation, it may not be possible to respond within this timeframe.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint you are entitled under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. Information about how to make a complaint is available from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website (www.oaic.gov.au).
Additional information for users of our websites
If you visit www.drdieseltuning.com.au, www.doctordiesel.com.au or any other Doctor Diesel Tuning websites (the “Websites”) to read, browse or download information, our system may record information such as the date and time of your visit to the Website, the pages accessed and any information downloaded. This information is used (i) for statistical and reporting purposes; (ii) for website administration, security and maintenance purposes; and (iii) to direct you to material on our Websites that we believe will be of interest to you.
Like many websites, our Website uses “cookies”. Cookies are small text files that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and your log-in status. Cookies may also be used to record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit, or the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes and to measure traffic and visitor behaviour, and to understand the impact of online advertising, use remarketing and audience targeting. Any such information will be aggregated and not linked to particular individuals. The default settings of browsers like Internet Explorer usually allow cookies, but users can easily erase cookies from their hard-drive, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disallow cookies.
Our Website also uses tags, which are tiny bits of website code that allow us to measure traffic and visitor behaviour, and to understand the impact of online advertising, use remarketing and audience targeting. These tags do not collect any personally identifiable information.
While we take great care to protect your personal information on our Website and use state-of-the-art data transmission encryption, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email. We have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your transmission, we use our best efforts to ensure its security in our possession.
The Websites may contain links/ plug-ins to other sites. We are not responsible for content of, or the privacy practices or policies of, those sites.
Dr Diesel Tuning sometimes handles personal information relying on exemptions under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), for example in relation to (i) employee records; (ii) related bodies corporate; (iii) provision of services to State or Territory authorities; and (iv) operations outside Australia relating to personal information of non-Australians.
If you have any queries or concerns, further information can be obtained by contacting our Privacy Officer by submitting a privacy enquiry via email or by post to The Privacy Officer, Doctor Diesel Pty Ltd, unit 5-7, 73 Governor Macquarie Drive. Chipping Norton, NSW 2170